This section discusses how to get your Data Pipeline application up and running quickly. It assumes a working knowledge of your development and execution environment--it does not cover how to configure your build system or IDE.
1. Download the software
- Download the latest release of Data Pipeline.
- If you don't have Oracle Java Standard Edition SDK 1.5 or higher installed, you can download Java from Oracle.
- If you need a JDBC driver for your database, you can look for a JDBC driver here.
2. Uncompress the distribution
Extract NorthConcepts-DataPipeline-XXX.zip to a new folder. The jar tool works fine for this:
jar xf NorthConcepts-DataPipeline-2.1.0.zip.
3a. For Eclipse users
The zip contains an Eclipse project (.project and .classpath files) that you can import to get started right away.
3b. For non-Eclipse users
Add NorthConcepts-DataPipeline-XXX.jar along with the other jars found under the distribution's lib folder to your classpath.
4. Browse and run the examples
The examples on this site can be found in the examples/src folder in Eclipse or in the distribution.